Thursday 15 August 2013

Just keep swimming....

It has arrived! We have our things!

We can now start making our home, after we have battled the tons of paper wrapping that has been left behind.  Josh was actually swimming through a pile of paper trying to squish it back into one of the boxes, it was funny to watch.  I wish I'd had the camera handy at the time   The garage is now full of boxes and wrapping and we still haven't opened all the boxes.

It is so nice to have our own bed again.  It has been 13 weeks.  That feels like a very long time to be without a home, and especially my bed and sofa and very importantly, my sewing machine. :)

This is my little corner of the house and it makes me very happy! I have a long list of sewing projects to keep me going for a while.  It's just a shame I have to finish the unpacking and do all the boring household tasks too. 

Not all days are great, being on the other side of the world from all our friends and family, but today has been a very good day... the sun is shining, I sat outside having a lovely coffee with a very lovely lady, I have washing on the line and I'm wearing flip flops in the middle of winter.  All I need now is to unpack the camera and life will be complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment